15 February, 2008

FEEL MY PAIN... SORTA!



Here is the National Fibromyalgia Association's Clothespin Challenge:


1. Place a clothespin on your finger.

2. Set a timer for 30 minutes.

3. See how long you can bear the pain. Did you leave the clothespin on for 15 minutes? 10? 5?

4. For each minute you adverted [sic] that clothespin pain, donate to the NFA-$20 a minute, $10 a minute, $5 a minute...

5. NOW. Imagine this pain forever... This should help you understand what it is like to live with constant pain -- but people with FM can't just "remove" the pain the way you can remove that clothespin!

ME (not NFA): I dunno if one can come up with a way to help others realize how much fibro hurts -- especially because the pain is everywhere. Essentially, when you get fibro you become pain.

...And put the clothespin on your dickhead or clitoris, not your finger. I'm sure the NFA would have suggested you do this, to cause you pain more like what a fibromyalgian feels, if it didn't have to be PG.

[Upcoming: My day spent on the phone, my CPA appointment -- plus another appointment.

This appointment is for next Friday and has me hopeful. Which is probably for the worse... I've had fibro for two to three years (exact onset is tough to determine), but apparently still haven't learned that hope is a horrible thing to have when your life is in doctors' hands.

Well, fuck it. Hopeful.

At least I will actually look forward to something for the next week, even if next Friday I'm made to feel like Carrie on prom night, but without the superpowers necessary and sufficient to exact my vengeance with.]

Add to Mixx! Mixx it! StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment